Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tomorrow's the Day!

We are under 12 hours. It's the 9th inning. 4th and 1. [Insert random sports analogy here]. Suffice it to say, it's crunch time. Shalen is filled with nerves, but I remain, as always, a cool customer; at least, on the outside. Inside I am a terrified father-to-be. My insides are roiling, unsure of what tomorrow brings. All I know is that in the morning, I will be the happiest man on Earth. I can't wait to walk through those doors, hold the most wonderful woman's hand at her most vulnerable, and together, we will get to see & hear our daughter for the first time. I can't even begin to describe what it feels like to know that tomorrow, and forever after, I will be someone's father. Someday, my little girl will call me "daddy" and my heart will melt. It already belongs to her, to Riley, and to Shalen. I love them all very much, and I look forward to every moment I get to spend with them.

Anyway, by the time most (if any) of you actually read this, I will be a proud papa. If you want to keep tabs on us, I will be posting pictures & comments everywhere my geek mind & my iPhone can think of. The best place to start is to the right ---> follow me on Twitter (@larsenpl), add me as a friend on Facebook, or just keep checking in right here.

Well, good evening to all...tomorrow is going to be amazing. Thank you all for your support, thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

  1. I love you all........ i'm there right with you.... xoxoxoxoxo mom, aka almost a "grandmother" =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you dope...you made me cry...what a nice piece this documentaion will be to share with Sarah...beautiful! ~~Nencica

    ReplyDelete